This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Love

re: Love

Postby AllanS » March 30th, 2006, 10:17 am

On my better days, one of the reasons I give that detention is because I feel sorry for the boy and hope to do him good. Pity serves mercy just as anger serves justice.

At school, I sometimes demand a pound of flesh, other times I let the kid off. Both times, what I have in mind is restoration of right relationships. Justice and mercy need to be guided by wisdom towards achieving the loving end, but neither are the end themselves. I don't want to be just or merciful. I want to be in such good relationships that justice and mercy are never even thought of, they have become so unnecessary. (I don't want amputation or antibiotics. I want a perfectly healthy body.)

I think mercy and justice are in tension in as much as they both pull in the same direction. They are both tools of grace that pull the sinner towards God.
“And turn their grief into song?" he replied. "That would be a gracious act and a good beginning."

Quid and Harmony: a fund-raising project for the Fistula Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. www.smithysbook.com
AllanS

Postby AllanS » March 30th, 2006, 10:33 am

“And turn their grief into song?" he replied. "That would be a gracious act and a good beginning."

Quid and Harmony: a fund-raising project for the Fistula Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. www.smithysbook.com
AllanS

Re: re: Love

Postby Theo » March 30th, 2006, 10:51 am

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby Adam » March 30th, 2006, 5:22 pm

"Love is the only art that poorly imitates nature."
Adam
Wardrobian

Postby AllanS » March 30th, 2006, 9:17 pm

AllanS

Postby sehoy » March 31st, 2006, 9:23 am

Theo,

You and Genie always ignore the questions I ask, but you both do it in such a nice way.

*sigh*

I'm not really sure how you can not be anti-american when you feed your mind with anti-american junk food writing. It tastes so good going down but has no nutritional value.

At first I thought you wrote that quote, and I thought it might just be language problems, but when I plugged it into the search engine, and read some of mr. amr's other stuff, I realized, "No, it's just really bad writing and incoherent thinking."

The Farrakhan of the Jewish Taliban?

Huh?

No mention in that Niemoller butch job of the Palestinians standing up for the Jews. Why is that? If we really are supposed to love our enemies, does that mean all enemies except the Jews?
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby sehoy » March 31st, 2006, 9:33 am

Justice and mercy are both virtues. One's a moral virtue; the other's a theological virtue. Different virtues, but inseparable virtues. One cannot exist perfectly without the other.

Baptism is both a washing and a death. Why does it have to be one or the other? It's both/and.
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Genie » March 31st, 2006, 9:50 am

Totus tuus

Genie
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » March 31st, 2006, 2:28 pm

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Theo » March 31st, 2006, 2:59 pm

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby John Anthony » March 31st, 2006, 4:31 pm

John Anthony
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » April 1st, 2006, 6:43 am

Pete,

No can do.

I like people who say what they mean and mean what they say. I try to do the same. I can't do any other.

I'll shut the door on my way out.

sehoy
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Adam » April 1st, 2006, 8:43 am

"Love is the only art that poorly imitates nature."
Adam
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » April 4th, 2006, 8:16 am

I've always liked you Adam. A lot. Even when I hated you. I can't understand that, but that's the way it is. I love and hate, all at the very same time. In fact, it's a guarantee, that the more I hate you , the more I love you too. :??: :??: Life is weird, isn't it? Or maybe it's just me. :??:

You are absolutely correct. And it's going to be dang nie impossible for Theo to prove something he isn't. :/ Sorry Theo. Theo reminds Sehoy of someone she had to turn away.

Apologies to everyone here. Miz Sehoy is having is having a serious crisis about love and hate and eros. For some reason she got it into her head that whacking people as hard as she can is some kind of love. Like it is was some way of proving their worthiness or something. I haven't figured it out yet. Zeuxis took it pretty well, but I'm sorry for whacking him/her too. Air of Winter took it well too, but she's gone.

Bear with me, please.

I drove away eros and I'm very angry about that, but I had to do it, and I don't know how to get it back, and I want it back. Marriage isn't too friendly to eros, but I'm going to find away to combine the two. I can't live without eros.

Back to your regularily scheduled sane program...

Life is too ironic for words.

Chris-sehoy
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Theo » April 4th, 2006, 8:41 am

It's cool, Chris. I kind of figured you were upset about something else. And I've taken far worse whackings in my day. :)

Good luck sorting things out, and tell us when you're feeling better and up for some more sparring. ;)

Take care,
Theo

Theo
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy