This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Love

Re: re: Love

Postby Karen » March 26th, 2006, 5:47 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » March 26th, 2006, 5:53 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

re: Love

Postby AllanS » March 26th, 2006, 9:46 pm

“And turn their grief into song?" he replied. "That would be a gracious act and a good beginning."

Quid and Harmony: a fund-raising project for the Fistula Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. www.smithysbook.com
AllanS

Re: Love

Postby princessquitealot98 » March 27th, 2006, 7:08 am

Member of the SECULAR tolerance cabal of the Wardrobe
princessquitealot98
Wardrobian

Postby tangent » March 27th, 2006, 8:59 am

Love for a person only really means something, I think, if we have met the person (or experienced them online). We may hate politicians but it doesn't mean anything because in effect they're abstract enitities. I don't feel guilty that I don't love Tony Blair, although if I met him in person I might do so.
tangent
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » March 27th, 2006, 9:28 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » March 28th, 2006, 6:52 am

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Theo » March 28th, 2006, 7:59 am

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » March 28th, 2006, 4:14 pm

cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Theo » March 28th, 2006, 5:11 pm

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby StrawberryRose » March 29th, 2006, 4:54 am

[quote="Karen"]
Oh, I agree. But until we *are* that transformed, acting lovingly, even without the feeling, is better than not doing so. And I also believe that in doing those actual acts, loving feelings will begin to arise.

[quote]

My pastor has a joke he uses concerning certain aspects of your christian walk. He says "fake it till you make it."

I find it to be very poignant to this topic because, after a point if your actions and feelings don't coincide you begin to feel fake or hypocritical. And your fuel for "walking inlove" runs out.

This is where your daily relationship with Christ is crutial. I think the real key is to bring yourself before the Lord in prayer and let him change you and you do your best to put God's love into action. There have been several times that I have found that God gives me insight into someone's personality, empathy for their situation or illumination into myself so I may forgive others and allow His love to work in my heart.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
StrawberryRose
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » March 29th, 2006, 7:04 am

I'm very familiar with Martin Niemöller and the piece he wrote that Mr. Amr is working from. It's a favorite of the NRA's and it's been circulating a lot on the 'net lately because of the cartoon controversy. Rev. Niemöller's piece makes sense. Even the NRA's version makes sense. Mr. Amr's does not.

I'm honestly [and less angrily] asking "How is it possible to be a Muslim, a Palestinian, a Jew, a Christian, and an American, when one is none of the above or some of the above, and when some of those positions have very conflicting agendas with some of the others?" How is it possible to be all things to all people?

Because, right now, the only picture that comes to mind is a chameleon, changing colors depending on whatever he's sitting on, with his bug-eyes looking in different directions at the same time, and although I like chameleons a lot...as reptiles...those traits do not make for good humans.

It's seems to me to be a good position to put yourself into if you wish to place yourself in a double-bind and induce insanity.
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Theo » March 29th, 2006, 7:57 am

Theo
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » March 29th, 2006, 9:13 am

In a perfect world that's maybe not insane. But I don't live in a perfect world. To embrace and stand up for the one who wishes to destroy me or wipe me off the face of the map seems pretty suicidal.
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby robsia » March 29th, 2006, 11:07 am

robsia
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy