This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Fear of a relationship

re: Fear of a relationship

Postby Baruu » April 4th, 2006, 12:17 pm

The thing about the violent movies...yes, i do like the violence...and that kind of disturbs me...but I like the things like heroism and characters, too! I just feel like I shouldn't like the violence as much as I do.
Let's see...I'm a Rohan warrior, a Narnian Warrior, a Redwall warrior...um...I'm an all-around freak??
Never let your heart rule your mind.
You don't have to be skilled in battle to be a warrior.
Baruu

Postby A#minor » April 4th, 2006, 1:51 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby alecto » April 4th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Maybe you feel stuck a little, stuck in the way your life is running now, stuck among friends who are pushing you in a certain way, stuck in worrying about what a girl should do and shouldn't do. Liking the crazy violence like in Gladiator might then be a way you are "lashing out" at these restrictions. It's not that you want to be violent, or should be, but that seeing fictional characters clobber their problems in this direct and serious way gives you a little vicarious feeling that you are doing so too.
Sentio ergo est.
alecto
Wardrobian

Re: re: Fear of a relationship

Postby Theo » April 4th, 2006, 6:22 pm

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby jo » April 4th, 2006, 6:31 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby Baruu » April 5th, 2006, 12:01 am

ok ok, I went to my first counselor meeting. Wow, I feel almost too awkward to talk though! These are personal things and it's hard to talk.
Let's see...I'm a Rohan warrior, a Narnian Warrior, a Redwall warrior...um...I'm an all-around freak??
Baruu

Postby sehoy » April 8th, 2006, 2:44 pm

um....er....does anyone else see the elephant in the living room, or is it just me? :??:

I see a lot of similarities here between what you are describing and what I went through growing up. Sort of. The need to vomit at the thought of sex is the tip off for me. My counselors assumed sexual abuse in my case, but that was not the case. It was something pretty traumatic though. I'm guessing it's something pretty traumatic here too, although it probably won't appear that way to those outside the problem.

I'm glad to know you are speaking with a counselor.

*aiming the elephant gun*

sehoy
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Baruu » April 8th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Baruu

Postby sehoy » April 8th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Whew! Okay. I actually came back to the computer several hours after I read your posts because it bugged me so. Sorry if I embarrassed you. I'll turn off the warning bells.
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby alecto » April 8th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Our society provides us with so many reasons to vomit at the thought of sex that were they all pachyderms, the Earth would crumble under their combined weight.
Sentio ergo est.
alecto
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » April 8th, 2006, 3:57 pm

cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby alecto » April 8th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Sentio ergo est.
alecto
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » April 8th, 2006, 5:24 pm

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby Theo » April 8th, 2006, 6:26 pm

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » April 8th, 2006, 8:37 pm

I think I understand what alecto means. That society has made the wrong kind of sex (i.e. sexual perversion, adultery, homosexuality, prostitution, etc..) so popular that many people think that is all there is. People who are pure of heart are naturally disgusted by it, and disturbed when they are told that they should like that idea of sex.

And yes, pachyderms is a good word. :D
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy