This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

An interesting article

Re: re: An interesting article

Postby rusmeister » July 22nd, 2006, 3:09 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

re: An interesting article VanZandt 6/14 153am

Postby tampastranger » July 22nd, 2006, 6:00 pm

VanZandt; Couldn't agree with you more!
But, actually, I agree with Allan. It's far more difficult to evangelise a "philosopher" or a member of the "intelligensia" than it is a biker - because the "intelligent person" (and please note the satirical quotes and don't accuse me of saying that bikers aren't intelligent) already thinks they have The Answer and isn't willing to accept that there might be something that they've missed. In other words, the philosopher is usually satisfied with "their answer" but the biker isn't.
Isn't that why our Lord said "I will confound the wisdom of the wise." and this one I am paraphrasing, "and give it unto babes or Gentiles." Also our Lord said "we must become as little children." I understand that one don't you?

This is off this subject but on my mind lately.
Here is a very interesting quote from the Bible and one that many people have skipped over or forgotten, "In the end times we will not be able to tell the seasons except by the changing of the trees!" How does that hit you, a little scarry huh?

My mother found this verse and talked with her minister about it and he said he thought it was mentioned at least two times. I would be interested if anyone else read this post and has read it to hear their thoughts.

I have not been to the Wardrobe for a while I had to recover my computer three times in the last two weeks. More later
May His SonShine in your walk
Anita, tampastranger
tampastranger
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy