This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

HOw do you view/interact with non believers?

re: HOw do you view/interact with non believers?

Postby nomad » September 19th, 2006, 4:16 pm

sorry about the double post. I'm not savvy enough to know why that happened, or why it's in front of Jservic2's post.
member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Jservic2 » September 19th, 2006, 5:47 pm

Jservic2
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » September 23rd, 2006, 5:47 am

"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
Matthew 24:50
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby Lirenel » September 24th, 2006, 8:33 pm

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Postby CoinOperatedChristian » October 2nd, 2006, 6:50 am

I agree Lirenel,

I never hide my Christianity, but I also don't walk around grabbing people by the front of their lapels and scream "Do you know Jesus as your personal savior?"
I once had a "Christian" actually do that to me in St. Louis ---while I was in line for the elevator to go up in the arch no less. Amazing!

I was helping a stranger the other day. She locked her keys in her car and I happened to have a wire coat hanger in my car. As I was picking-the lock on her door, I laughed and told her I just done this the other day for a friend who locker her keys in her car at the church, but it was a tougher lock than her's was, and I would have it open in a minute.

She laughed and asked me how a Christian would know anything about breaking into cars? Hey, I said, we sometimes lock our keys in the car too.
The more I spoke about locks and doors the more she kept talking about church, "Which one I when to? did I like it?" And gradually I picked up on the fact that she was a lapsed Christian looking for an opportunity to be invited back to a church.
You don't have to be pushy, just open, honest and real.

Sunny
CoinOperatedChristian
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » October 6th, 2006, 10:59 pm

That's a great story Sunny. Thanks for sharing.
member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Áthas » October 10th, 2006, 9:43 am

One of my closest friends isn't a Christian. I accept it and he accepts my belief. We even talked about it and it went well because we both accepted each others' views and beliefs.
Many wonderful people I know aren't Christians, but I can be as close to a "non-Christian" as to a Christian. There certainly isn't any looking down on my part. I have to admit though that I'm one of those Christians whom other Christians would call "non-Christian" because of certain views: theory of evolution (I believe that God started it, but that it happened), homosexuality not being something to condemn... just to name two which might make my interactions with other Christians difficult. I don't have these views to adapt and get along with my non-Christian friends, that's just my way of believing. But I guess it makes interaction with non-Christians easier because I don't start discussions with them and try to convert them.
If they ask questions, i answer honestly, but only then. Aside from that, we get along very well, maybe also because my non-Christian friends aren't people whose moral views and values differ (a lot) from mine.
That said, I don't pity non-Christians, I don't look down on them. I accept them the way they are, just as they accept me the way I am.
Áthas
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy