This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

How Christians Should Respond to Muslim Outrage at the Pope'

re: How Christians Should Respond to Muslim Outrage at the P

Postby Judah » October 11th, 2006, 11:56 am

Judah
Wardrobian

Postby Theo » October 11th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » October 11th, 2006, 2:10 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » October 11th, 2006, 7:23 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Re: re: How Christians Should Respond to Muslim Outrage at t

Postby Judah » October 11th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Judah
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » October 11th, 2006, 11:20 pm

Sven

Postby Theo » October 13th, 2006, 11:17 pm

I skimmed through Sagamori's article and found it appeared to fit in pretty well at the hate site it was posted on. So far as I could tell, Sagamori concludes that Islam is evil, Osama bin Ladin is a representative example of it, and moderate Muslims do not exist. When I find the time I'll give it a closer reading and I hope my quick read gave me an unfair idea of it. But man, it looked ugly.

Regarding the question of the relationship of Muslims to non-Muslims, I found a couple of interesting articles by the American Muslim physician and author Hesham Hassaballa:

I'm not a scholar of the Quran, but I must say Dr. Hassaballa's understanding of it and of Islam appears a bit deeper and more reasonable than Mr. Sagamori's. Your mileage may vary.
Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby Judah » October 14th, 2006, 8:08 am

Judah
Wardrobian

Postby Judah » October 14th, 2006, 10:12 am

Judah
Wardrobian

How Should Christians Respond to Muslim Outrage At The Pope?

Postby Barbara » October 18th, 2006, 12:29 am

Judah:

I have read through this entire thread and I want to thank you for your informative, and as near as I can tell, truthful answers regarding the Muslim religion, including your supporting data, etc.

I would very much appreciate it at this point to hear from anyone in any of these forums who can point to even one Islamic nation, anywhere in this world, that has freedom of religion, equal rights and freedom of speech?

I have waited with interest to hear the voice of moderate Muslims here in the United States, but have noticed instead, an Extreme Silence.

Therefore, based upon increasing evidence, I too would have to conclude in agreement with you, that yes the Muslim Religion is Evil.

Unfortunately, here in America as we have become increasingly secular, there are far too many here who are unable to even define what is evil, since most seem to feel that EVIL as such, does not even exist.
Barbara
Barbara
Wardrobian

Postby Judah » October 18th, 2006, 12:51 am

Barbara, thank you.

I am an adminstrator/moderator on another forum which focusses on science plus Christian apologia, and presently have been in dialogue with two Muslims there, one of whom has difficulty seeing anything bad at all about Islam. I understand her reaction - she is very upset when told of these things and actually denies that the Qur'an justifies such actions. However, reality and ojective truth are the same and what is happening in world events is there for all to see.

I am a Christian, and I have a website devoted to presenting the Christian message plus revealing the truth about Islam. If you are interested to visit, you will find it . Look at the side navigation bar to see pages relating to Islam. I have collected up a wealth of material including many links to be used as a resource for learning more about it. The authors all have substantial authoritative credentials. There are clickable buttons at the bottom of each page to other pages of my greater website.

I am having to leave this right now - got an appointment - but may be back later with a little more interesting information for you.
Judah
Wardrobian

How Should Christians Respond to Muslim Outrage At The Pope?

Postby Barbara » October 18th, 2006, 1:12 am

Part Two, written in an effort to tie this thread back into the concept of Christian Fellowship:

Good Out Of Evil
"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, and to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

The events of life can challenge our trust in the Scriptures. Romans 8:28 teaches that God can bring good out of "all things." But in August of 2004 "all things" seemed hard to fathom. Two young people were missing. Several days later, their murdered bodies were found, just 2 weeks before their wedding.

In those troubling days, "all things" seemed incapable of including such a sensless act. Yet the victims' families were amazing in their resolve to trust Jesus Christ, reaffirming their confidence that God would graciously bring good out of great evil.

In the following months, incredible stories began to roll in. Through letters, e-mail and phone calls, I heard of people who had seen the families' example in the media coverage and had come to Christ. Eternal destinies had been changed and lives had been won through this seemingly senseless tragedy.

Nothing could ever justify those murders or replace precious lives cut short, but we are drawn again to hope, for we see God's ability to bring good out of evil.

We comprehend Him not,
Yet earth and heaven tell
God sits as sovereign on the throne
And ruleth all things well.

God can turn tragedy into triumph.

Before He went to the cross, Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would come and abide with us forever (John 14:16). Since the Day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit has been ministering in the lives of believers. As our "Helper" (John 14:16), He guides us into God's truth (John 16:13-15). He seals and guarantees our salvation (Eph. 1:13-14), and assures us that we are God's children (Rom. 8:16). He helps us to pray (Rom. 8:26-27) and equips us to serve (1Cor.12:4-7). He empowers us to live holy lives (Rom.8:10).
Barbara
Barbara
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy