This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Question for protestants

Postby alecto » January 16th, 2007, 1:51 pm

Where, exactly, does the Bible state that some Christians are given more power (by God, not by Man) than others, either spiritual power or political power, as they have/have had in modern churches by the creation of a clergy? I know that Peter is called the founder of the church (or something like that) and that the apostles went out and preached to congregations, but where does it say that there were converts who specifically did not have the ministerial powers of those who converted them?

It seems to me that what Wolf means by "partial Christians" are hypothetical people who have less ministerial powers than others - i.e they're not as "close to Christ" as those who administer to them as priests. Is there any Biblical evidence that such a two-class system exists for Jesus? I don't remember it anywhere.
Sentio ergo est.
alecto
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » January 17th, 2007, 2:47 am

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby scandi » April 1st, 2007, 1:57 am

May I add, that there are times when an individual's confession despite his personal faith in Jesus Christ is lacking in confidence that he can be forgiven or has difficulty in standing confidently that he deserves forgiveness because of emotional issues, and an individual's standing in flesh before him and saying "you are forgiven" facilitates his receiving/realizing that he is indeed forgiven. When working with adults that have been abused in one way or another, it is often difficult for them to walk in forgiveness, but someone's saying it out loud helped them walk it out.

For what it's worth...
scandi
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » April 1st, 2007, 3:05 am

I agree with you, Scandi, but, what makes me "feel" forgiven in my life is God's actual presence.

I reason that, if God has not forgiven me, then He would not be working wih me. God is workng with me, and very graciously; therefore, He has forgiven me.
WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy