This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Christmas reflections

Postby alecto » January 17th, 2007, 6:30 pm

Sentio ergo est.
alecto
Wardrobian

:)

Postby alliebath » January 19th, 2007, 6:33 pm

I would rather, in this vein, Alecto, not translate Logos as Word but keep it as Logos. At least then, if we are using techno-babble, there is a justification, I would say.

I presume the original justification for Muslims to learn the Qur’an in Arabic was that translations can get across the wrong nuance. However, that now has been reduced to a rote-learning exercise that seems to have no value whatsoever.

:idea:
Gott würfelt nicht.
Albert Einstein
alliebath
Wardrobian

Re: ?

Postby Josh » January 19th, 2007, 7:33 pm

ecclesia semper reformata, semper reformanda.

--John Calvin
Josh
Wardrobian

Postby alliebath » January 19th, 2007, 11:45 pm

I was not referring to the moment of change, necessarily, Josh as being the ecstasy, but rather that there has to be some sort of buzz in any real relationship—whether on a human scale or between human and divine. It is not necessarily there all the time or even at certain specific moments or times, but at sometime, some place or at any time and at any place it can be apparent. The ‘joy’ that Lewis talks about can be felt in many different ways.
Gott würfelt nicht.
Albert Einstein
alliebath
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy