This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Evolution (was: "Dr Dino arrested")

Postby LucyPevensie » January 18th, 2007, 10:25 pm

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 22nd, 2007, 8:07 pm

*looks around* Ah...hello...heeeeeeeelllllllllooooooooooo? Are y'all still alive? :shocked: guess not. *leaves*
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby robsia » January 22nd, 2007, 8:58 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby john » January 22nd, 2007, 10:03 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 22nd, 2007, 10:48 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby john » January 22nd, 2007, 10:53 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby girlfreddy » January 23rd, 2007, 3:09 pm

Lucy,
I read a book a long time ago that stated that the scientists could get back to nanoseconds after the Big Bang, but were unable to figure out what the ignitor was. Now, as scientists have looked closer, they "see" that the universe is still expanding, still growing, thereby negating an explosion that had finished it's process, it's exploding if you will (also taking in the fact that there is no residual heat left in the universe from such an explosion). Scientific expositions change all the time as new information can be processed and theories tested. But even scientists can be wrong. Einstein's theory of the universe being "static", that is staying the same, never changing, was one that he tried to hold up. He eventually had to give up this theory though, because the universe is "alive", is moving and changing all the time.

Attempting to compromise between what the Bible says or doesn't say about the beginning is just that, a compromise. If you can accept a compromise, OK. If you can't, then don't. If it is a question best left on the back burner until a later time, maybe even better. Here is a web-site that is easy to read, short and sweet. It gives an overview of the theories, including the Biblical question, so at your leisure you could check it over.

IMO, for myself, my faith in God does not rest on "the beginning". I know of my beginning with Him, and He is my anchor, but my faith is neither uplifted nor defeated because of what science proves or disproves. I know inside what He has done for me, how He saved me from me, and how He still seeks to bring me into a closer image of His Son. And He is doing the same for everyone on this earth, wherever they are in their relationship with Him.

Anyway, enough of the :blahblah:. Here is the website. Enjoy!

http://www.big-bang-theory.com/
How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rogers or Captain Kangaroo?
Philip Yancey

http://girlfreddy.wordpress.com/
girlfreddy
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 23rd, 2007, 7:01 pm

Thanks girlfreddy! I just printed out the article. (I'll probably read it tonight.) I was wondering where evolutionists think life came from? I understand that the big bang occured, It rained on the rocks for millions of years, this rain turned to a thick soup of complicated chemicals and what then? Life was formed? Tell me if I'm wrong on something. :wink: That's usually what I do best at.

[color=darkred]LP[/color]
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Oh dear, that website

Postby larry gilman » January 23rd, 2007, 7:52 pm

Last edited by larry gilman on January 23rd, 2007, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
larry gilman
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 23rd, 2007, 8:07 pm

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby robsia » January 23rd, 2007, 8:13 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby larry gilman » January 23rd, 2007, 8:34 pm

larry gilman
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 25th, 2007, 4:17 pm

Hey y'all I'm back! My grandpa is a strong supporter of Dr. Robert V. Gentry's work, even though we aren't 7th day adventists. Check these sites out.

www.halos.com and www.pathlights.com/ce_encyclopedia

TTYL,
LP
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Ah, Dr. Gentry

Postby larry gilman » January 25th, 2007, 7:44 pm

larry gilman
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 25th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Well at least poor old Gentry has 0.0012% support. :wink: BTW how
do they test the earth's rocks? I've always wondered that.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy