This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Demons and the demonic

Postby gameld » March 12th, 2007, 5:17 pm

gameld
Wardrobian

Postby girlfreddy » March 12th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Yes gameld, I understand much of your warnings. In the beginning of my walk I "bumped" into a few of these things, like what I thought would be good for people and prayed that, then finding out different. Since then I try to "hear" God before praying for anybody 'cause it seems to follow what Jesus did and He's a pretty good example to follow. And no, I have also walked that "magician's" way too kind of. Been there, done that and don't want to do that again.

The reason I wondered about the authority is that it seems that it is where I'm being led right now. I'm a little wary of running around like I did 10 years ago (after becoming a believer), so I'm asking for advice from a few places on the whole authority thing. Then I guess I'm on my knees seeking God and His answers about it all.
How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rogers or Captain Kangaroo?
Philip Yancey

http://girlfreddy.wordpress.com/
girlfreddy
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » March 13th, 2007, 1:59 am

The greatest ministry is to glorify God; the next is to lead people to Him. Exorcism is way down the line and most Christians will never be involved in it for several reasons. They need to be about the greater business. God leads specific people to do it. And it's not that common an event. But all Christians have the authority to command demons.

I don't believe that any Christian should go out with the intension to cast out demons (as a lifestyle ministry). If God wants a person to do it, He'll send them on a case by case basis, but He'll make sure His person is equipt before He sends them.
WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby Caesario » March 13th, 2007, 3:59 am

My point being in the first post that Catholic exorcists do battle under Christ's authority.. according to Martin atleast. Contrary to what has been proposed in this thread as being the Catholic position.
Caesario
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » March 13th, 2007, 6:09 am

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy