This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Now I think I've seen everything

Now I think I've seen everything

Postby Steve » April 6th, 2007, 6:47 am

I was reading up on Jewish ritual of the Passover, and found this one
devotional where a Rabbi quotes Hitler:

"The Talmud says the Hebrew word for "hatred" (sinah) is related to the word "Sinai." At Mount Sinai, the Jewish people acquired the legacy of morality and justice -- a message that evil cannot tolerate. We taught the world "to beat their swords into plowshares." We taught the world "to love your neighbor as yourself." We taught the world equality before justice, and that admiration belongs not to the rich and powerful -- but to the good, the wise, and the kind. Hitler said: "The Jews have inflicted two wounds on mankind -- circumcision on the body, and conscience on the soul." How right he was and how much more work we have to do."

This quote comes from section 9, "Marror".

Although once I got over my surprise, it does make sense. Jesus says something similar, that the world hates Him and will hate His disciples. I guess the general principle, is God wants people to be good, but lots of people don't want to be good.
Psalm 139:17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
Steve
Wardrobian

Postby JRosemary » April 6th, 2007, 11:42 am

JRosemary
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » April 6th, 2007, 12:38 pm

"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby JRosemary » April 6th, 2007, 1:06 pm

JRosemary
Wardrobian

Postby Steve » April 6th, 2007, 2:40 pm

Psalm 139:17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
Steve
Wardrobian

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy