This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

a question for Orthodox and Catholic Christians

Postby mitchellmckain » August 5th, 2007, 8:05 am

mitchellmckain

Postby John Anthony » August 5th, 2007, 5:25 pm

John Anthony
Wardrobian

Postby mitchellmckain » August 5th, 2007, 9:18 pm

mitchellmckain

Postby rusmeister » August 16th, 2007, 2:52 pm

I grew up as a Baptist, and the rest of my family is Baptist. I don't hold them as 'unwashed barbarians', although certainly I have learned things that they are unlikely to learn, thanks to a radically different life path.

I think the best thing to do is to steer you to real experts. Your inquiry is serious and I'm just one layman. What you don't want to do is to be quoting wikipedia as a primary source of your info. Answers from canonical clergy are many times more authoritative.

For forum-style answers you can go here:

(But again, most folk there are laymen, which means they don't have the advantage of formal education)

For serious answers from clergy I would try asking at OCA's website (The Orthodox Church of America)

There's general info here:

You can e-mail questions to Fr. John Matusiak at:
info@oca.org

Finally, you really should visit a service and experience it. Orthodoxy is not only intellectual; it is also a TPR kind of thing.
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy