This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Gay Marriage

What best represents your views on gay marriage?

I am in favour and I am a CHristian
24%
I am in favour and I am not a Christian
10%
I am not in favour and I am a Christian
48%
I am not in favour and I am not a CHristian
6%
other
11%

Total votes : 62

Postby JRosemary » June 27th, 2008, 4:28 pm

Hrmmph. I'd make a comment about that reference to 'Evercrack,' John, but I don't have time. I've got to go run my daily quests on WoW so I have enough gold to buy my raid gear for this weekend...

(Gaming needn't be synonymous with addiction--really! Although your girlfriend has my sympathies and I'm glad the fellow in question is an ex :wink: )
JRosemary
Wardrobian

Postby john » June 27th, 2008, 4:36 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby cyranorox » June 27th, 2008, 5:13 pm

cyranorox
Wardrobian

Postby john » June 27th, 2008, 5:20 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » June 27th, 2008, 5:33 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby cyranorox » June 27th, 2008, 6:39 pm

cyranorox
Wardrobian

Postby Tuke » June 28th, 2008, 12:14 am

Duplicate
Last edited by Tuke on June 28th, 2008, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The 'great golden chain of Concord' has united the whole of Edmund Spenser's world.... Nothing is repressed; nothing is insubordinate. To read him is to grow in mental health." The Allegory Of Love (Faerie Queene)

2 Corinthians IV.17 The Weight of Glory
Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby Tuke » June 28th, 2008, 12:18 am

Following up on your point about chastity, Lewis said...
"Freud would say, no doubt, that the whole thing is a subterfuge of the sexual impulse. I wonder whether the shoe is not sometimes on the other foot. I wonder whether, in ages of promiscuity, many a virginity has not been lost less in obedience to Venus than in obedience to the lure of the caucus. For of course, when promiscuity is the fashion, the chaste are outsiders. They are ignorant of something that other people know. They are uninitiated." The Weight of Glory: The Inner Ring (1944)
"The 'great golden chain of Concord' has united the whole of Edmund Spenser's world.... Nothing is repressed; nothing is insubordinate. To read him is to grow in mental health." The Allegory Of Love (Faerie Queene)

2 Corinthians IV.17 The Weight of Glory
Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » June 28th, 2008, 3:13 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby cyranorox » June 30th, 2008, 12:54 am

cyranorox
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » June 30th, 2008, 7:54 am

rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » June 30th, 2008, 1:18 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » June 30th, 2008, 1:29 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby alecto » June 30th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Sentio ergo est.
alecto
Wardrobian

Postby cyranorox » June 30th, 2008, 3:13 pm

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... C1OMD1.DTL This is an example I could readily find on the web.
I do separate sin from sinners; that is why I can hold the position I do. Rus, you go too far in declaring that i cannot be a member of the Church if i do not conform to your ideas of Church teaching. Your attitude of enforcement and outrage is repugnant, and vitiates even the correct portion of your statements.
You might find the likeminded over on Touchstone, which purports to be a site dedicated to Mere Christianity, but imho is Christianity-AND-conservative outrage.
cyranorox
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy