This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Pope: Other Christians not true churches

Not every symbol is appliable....

Postby Friend » July 13th, 2007, 9:44 pm

Friend
Wardrobian

Re: Getting something straight

Postby Friend » July 13th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Friend
Wardrobian

Re: Not every symbol is appliable....

Postby AllanS » July 14th, 2007, 12:09 am

“And turn their grief into song?" he replied. "That would be a gracious act and a good beginning."

Quid and Harmony: a fund-raising project for the Fistula Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. www.smithysbook.com
AllanS

Postby tocaat » July 14th, 2007, 12:15 am

tocaat
Wardrobian

Re: Getting something straight

Postby Pilgrim » July 14th, 2007, 12:29 am

"And He was saying to them all, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.'" - Luke 9:23
Pilgrim
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » July 14th, 2007, 1:50 am

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby tocaat » July 14th, 2007, 7:38 am

tocaat
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » July 14th, 2007, 12:25 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » July 14th, 2007, 12:46 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Being misunderstood - Re: Getting something straight

Postby Friend » July 14th, 2007, 1:05 pm

Friend
Wardrobian

Re: Not every symbol is appliable....

Postby Friend » July 14th, 2007, 1:14 pm

[/quote]
When cells divide to form a body, you get differentiation in the daughter cells. They maintain unity while displaying diversity.

The church is united because it shares one spirit, not because it shares the one political structure or has one pope. To complain that the world sees disunity is to ignore Jesus warning that the enemy would indeed sow weeds amongst the wheat. Of course the church on earth is disunited. There are wolves amongst the sheep, scattering them, and they have been doing so from the very first. The sheep, however, remain the sheep.[/quote]

I do agree in the symbol of the flock, we are all still the sheep.

But in the cell symbol, I still dont think you got my argument. In the beginning you talked about one cell spliting into two and asked which one was the original. What you explain now it helps me out to explain to you the analogy. If you have a body and latter on daughter cells, which one is the original?
Friend
Wardrobian

Postby mitchellmckain » July 14th, 2007, 1:32 pm

mitchellmckain

Postby rusmeister » July 14th, 2007, 3:47 pm

:coffee:

Yeah, I once thought that, too. I was raised Baptist.

It's no good trying to convince Catholics or others that you are correct here. They have (at least) equally solid reasons and statements as to why they are right and you are wrong. They can quote Scripture that counters your Scripture quotes and backs their positions. Then you'll say they are interpreting it wrong, and they'll say the same about you. :blahblah: Then everyone will walk away feeling irritated.

Everyone who's ever felt like that, raise your hand!

People don't generally change their beliefs unless/until they are dissatisfied with their current ones.

Just one little observation - if you trace the history of your own church, you'll find that it has its origins in organized religion (likely leading back to the Reformation). That's precisely what Christianity was in the first century - if you believe all of Paul's talk about bishops, presbyters and deacons (sounds organized to me). One thing that tipped me off was the big blank spot that was my Baptist-formed knowledge of church history from the end of the book of Acts to the 16th century.
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » July 14th, 2007, 3:51 pm

Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Rosie Cotton » July 14th, 2007, 10:48 pm

... and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.
Rosie Cotton
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy