This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

question

Postby Lioba » July 7th, 2008, 1:18 pm

Cyranox- did you mean -Aelred of Riveaulx?
Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » July 12th, 2008, 9:48 pm

I´m on Aelred now :read:
Starting with excerpts from the mirror of charity. Although it is very easy to understand you have to let it work on you.Found it interesting that he mentions the four classical virtues in their relation to charity.
Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 22nd, 2008, 12:18 pm

Another question
What is the "Soul"? In which relations is it to live, eternity, God?
I would like to hear what you think personally and what your religion or denomonation teaches.

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 22nd, 2008, 12:19 pm

O, Cyranox, in case you read this, I absolutely enjoyed Aelred and come back ti him from time to time.
Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Re: question

Postby Lioba » February 14th, 2009, 7:22 pm

I´ve started to read the Consolations of philosophy by Boethius.
Now I have 3 questions.
1.There was a discussion about the book somewhere here in the forum, but I cannot find it . Can someone post me the link,please?
2.The allegoric figure of philosopühy has Th and a P woven into the rim of her dress. does someone know the meaning of this?
3. Is there somewhere in the net a good commentary on the book- English, French or German?
I thank everyone of you who might help me with one of my questions.
Lioba
Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Bluegoat » February 15th, 2009, 4:33 pm

Bluegoat

Postby Lioba » February 15th, 2009, 8:26 pm

:smile: Thank you, bluegoat. about reading- I prefer to have first a quick look over a book to get a first impression and find out if their are questions of understanding and then a reread very slowly , reflecting as long as I need it.
Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » February 17th, 2009, 10:38 am

Bluegoat- or any other of you.
About Philosophys true and false followers- could it be that with false followers she means the sophists who like to play with words to impress people or look for a justification of their own follies? From Sokrates to Seneca they great thinkers dislike them and warn the serious students not to follow them- just found a part in Senecas letters to Lucilius where Seneca writes about their "argumentations":" Do we have so much time? Have we already learned to live and to die?"
Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy