This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Are repentence, confession and making amends too quaint?

Are repentence, confession and making amends too quaint?

Postby digorykirk » October 26th, 2007, 10:14 pm

digorykirk
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » October 26th, 2007, 10:33 pm

You're making a broad generalization from a very specific point. In the thread you're referring to we were discussing your suggestion that Lewis published A Grief Observed as a form of repentance. As it happens, I believe very strongly in the necessity of confession and repentance as do, I'm fairly sure, the others on that thread. Just because I don't believe that publishing a book was the way Lewis went about doing so doesn't mean I don't believe in repentance in the first place.
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » October 26th, 2007, 10:49 pm

Sven

Postby digorykirk » October 26th, 2007, 11:27 pm

digorykirk
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » October 26th, 2007, 11:34 pm

Sven

Postby digorykirk » October 26th, 2007, 11:38 pm

digorykirk
Wardrobian

Postby digorykirk » October 26th, 2007, 11:54 pm

digorykirk
Wardrobian

Postby john » October 27th, 2007, 12:04 am

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby mitchellmckain » October 27th, 2007, 7:13 am

digorykirk,

I was strongly tempted to sympathize with you when I read your OP, for I too have had my difficulties in this forum, but I must admit that when I looked at the thread you seemed to be talking about,

http://cslewis.drzeus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8265

I was hard pressed to see much cause for your reaction. Maybe you can point it out to me, so that I can see it more clearly.

By now you have seen that one of the things that does appear to be different about this forum is that it is much more like a close knit community and so you will not be able to pick anybody off without others coming to their defense, regardless of the fact that their opinions on many things are quite diverse. This can create the feeling of being an outsider or being ganged up on, and in response to my own complaints about this I was strongly encouraged to participate more in the community aspect of the forum. In any case, learning how to communicate effectively in different groups, accomodating their own unique characteristics, is one of the more exciting challenges in going to different forums. In any case, let me offer you my welcome, for my part.

Mitchell.
mitchellmckain

Postby john » October 27th, 2007, 3:07 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy