This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Five Kinds of Christians

36%
12%
12%
8%
No votes
20%
12%

Total votes : 25

Postby Dan65802 » November 7th, 2007, 6:42 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby galion » November 7th, 2007, 6:47 pm

galion
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » November 7th, 2007, 7:46 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » November 8th, 2007, 4:03 am

Dan is right that it's not an exclusively Catholic sentiment, but I would agree that it is harder to see - in American Orthodox churches, people see the ethnic label and assume that the churches are theologically different and that the parishes are homogenous. This is not the case, but appears so on the surface of a phone book.

You just need to distinguish between teachings of acceptance of all (which I think all churches share) and the shopping for a church that suits you (which is a big hint that it's not the right direction) rather than accepting the one in your neighborhood.

Bust on me for being OT, but I suspect the fact that Chesterton became Catholic later in life is an automatic discouraging factor in not reading him - which IS a great pity.
I cheerfully invite discussions of this incredible man (whose writing are not ALL about Catholicism and actually constitute a minority of his work) on this thread:
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby *~Diamond in the Rough~* » November 10th, 2007, 9:57 am

Today I went to IKEA and hid in the wardrobes, and every time someone opened the doors I welcomed them to Narnia!!
*~Diamond in the Rough~*
Wardrobian

Location: The corner of 'No and where' (WA) The REAL Washington

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy