This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

What Does God Look Like?

What Does God Look Like?

Postby Bill » February 14th, 2008, 11:33 am

Saw this today:-

A teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was. The girl replied, "I'm drawing God." The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like." Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

Bill

Time is the fire in which we burn!

Bill
Wardrobian

Postby Gina » February 14th, 2008, 1:24 pm

:lol: Cute!
Gina
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » February 16th, 2008, 3:38 am

Heh. Heh. Kids are so funny!

Reminds me of a story that L.M. Montgomery wrote about a group of children who bought "a picture of God" from another child who tore it out of an illustrated Bible. They all gathered around the picture in awe and reverence to finally see what God looked like, and the picture was of an old bearded man frowning severely with wrath upon all mankind. They were horribly distressed, until the minister came along and set them straight and told them that God was kind and loving, not to mention being a Spirit and nothing at all like an old cranky man.

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Mug shots of God...

Postby C.W. Butch Olmstead » February 22nd, 2008, 10:56 pm

- C.W. Butchie Olmstead (:3=

"...To the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved."

- Ephesians 1:6
C.W. Butch Olmstead
Wardrobian

Re: Mug shots of God...

Postby Karen » February 22nd, 2008, 11:32 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Re: Mug shots of God...

Postby Dunrobin » February 23rd, 2008, 12:25 am

Dunrobin
Wardrobian

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy