This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

DOUBT IN THE PRE DAWN HOURS

DOUBT IN THE PRE DAWN HOURS

Postby sheeba » February 23rd, 2008, 11:46 am

I would like to know how many people experience doubt about their faith during those times when sleep evades you and you lie in the darkness hearing nothing but your own heartbeat.
Sometimes Christianity (in fact all religions) seems to be absurd and I wonder how I could ever possibly have believed any aspect of it and yet I always return to my deeper conviction that there is something more.
I'm just interested to hear other people's thoughts on the issue of doubt.
Did Lewis ever confess to doubt in his later years?
sheeba

Lewis had great doubt

Postby MERTONS'GHOST » February 23rd, 2008, 3:15 pm

MERTONS'GHOST

Miserere

Postby Tuke » February 23rd, 2008, 8:38 pm

Yes, I do, Sheeba. Often they are so intense that I can't get back to sleep until I get out of bed and pray for a while. We may be more susceptible and vulnerable sometimes when only half conscious.
Last edited by Tuke on February 27th, 2008, 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The 'great golden chain of Concord' has united the whole of Edmund Spenser's world.... Nothing is repressed; nothing is insubordinate. To read him is to grow in mental health." The Allegory Of Love (Faerie Queene)

2 Corinthians IV.17 The Weight of Glory
Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby postodave » February 25th, 2008, 10:18 pm

So I drew my sword and got ready
But the lamb ran away with the crown
postodave
Wardrobian

Postby mitchellmckain » February 27th, 2008, 4:16 pm

mitchellmckain

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy