This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

I have a ?, can somebody help

I have a ?, can somebody help

Postby MERTONS'GHOST » February 26th, 2008, 3:01 am

I am one of Clives biggest fans. I am sad to say though that I have never read the Space trilogy. :cry: I was wondering if someone could give me a breif outline of what the story is about and maybe its allegory if there is one. I just want a bit of preperation before I begin to tackle :read: what seems to be a monster of a story. Monster in the sense of its power and range for interpretaion. Anyway if anyone could help i would be very greatful. Thanks.
MERTONS'GHOST

Postby Tuke » February 26th, 2008, 3:36 am

You'll find a fair synopsis of all three books under the "works" link at the top of the Wardrobe.
Then check out the Space Trilogy forum. Also, the Archive forums have individual forums on Out of the Silent Planet and Perelandra.
My general preference is to read the text before the critique.
Last edited by Tuke on February 27th, 2008, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The 'great golden chain of Concord' has united the whole of Edmund Spenser's world.... Nothing is repressed; nothing is insubordinate. To read him is to grow in mental health." The Allegory Of Love (Faerie Queene)

2 Corinthians IV.17 The Weight of Glory
Tuke
Wardrobian

Re: I have a ?, can somebody help

Postby mitchellmckain » February 27th, 2008, 4:02 pm

mitchellmckain

Thank you Mitchell

Postby MERTONS'GHOST » March 1st, 2008, 2:26 am

Thats great advice...im sure it will be quite an adventure and I guess I just need to start and see where i end up :idea: Thanks again :grin:
MERTONS'GHOST

Postby jo » March 14th, 2008, 7:26 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby Jservic2 » June 6th, 2008, 5:49 am

THS was really hard for me to read, it just didn't feel like Ransom. But man, it gets really good! I love them all I should reread them.
Jservic2
Wardrobian

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy