This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Expelled

Postby Larry W. » May 9th, 2008, 3:14 am

Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby alecto » May 9th, 2008, 1:00 pm

Sentio ergo est.
alecto
Wardrobian

Postby Tuke » May 9th, 2008, 5:58 pm

"The 'great golden chain of Concord' has united the whole of Edmund Spenser's world.... Nothing is repressed; nothing is insubordinate. To read him is to grow in mental health." The Allegory Of Love (Faerie Queene)

2 Corinthians IV.17 The Weight of Glory
Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby Tuke » May 9th, 2008, 6:40 pm

"The 'great golden chain of Concord' has united the whole of Edmund Spenser's world.... Nothing is repressed; nothing is insubordinate. To read him is to grow in mental health." The Allegory Of Love (Faerie Queene)

Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 10th, 2008, 1:25 am

Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Tuke » May 11th, 2008, 1:07 am

Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 11th, 2008, 1:56 am

So should I have used the words philology and panegyric when speaking to my father, a factory worker with a seventh grade education who came to this country in 1924? He passed away in 1997. He always told me he didn't like school, and I think he would have thought me condescending if I had expected him to know the meanings of those words. Philology, however, was known to most college students-- even when I was a student at Hope during the 1970's.

I use the dictionary a lot too, but I will sometimes use it for scientific words such as the names of birds, plants, animals, and astronomical terms.

Since you are a creationist, who do you think created the beautiful song of the wood thrush? Was this bird somehow found in the garden of Eden at the time of Adam and Eve? Today it lives only in North America-- mainly in woods instead of the more suburban habitat of the robin, which it resembles in many ways. Did the robin and wood thrush evolve from one bird, or did God create them separately to live in their own habitats? You may have guessed that I am a birder.

Here is a link to a recording of a wood thrush's song:

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby sqrt[-1] » May 11th, 2008, 1:12 pm

sqrt[-1]
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 11th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » May 12th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 12th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Last edited by Larry W. on May 13th, 2008, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby sqrt[-1] » May 13th, 2008, 3:06 am

Have you seen the New Zealand Kea? Amazing bird considering they are not trained to do these actions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRW4ztbY8Ok
sqrt[-1]
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 13th, 2008, 11:13 am

I remember seeing a program on PBS' Nature years ago showing how parrots would attack people's cars at ski resorts in ski resorts in New Zealand. I think it was the very same bird shown on the video. They act like naughty teenagers as they perform their acts of vandalism. Could evolution have taught them their behavior?

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Tuke » May 14th, 2008, 8:50 pm

Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » May 15th, 2008, 12:53 pm

Larry W.
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy