This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Jesus rode on dinosaurs?

the day has come

Postby Jservic2 » June 25th, 2008, 3:17 am

Wow, I never thought I would see the day where raptor Jesus was here! Actually, pictures of Jesus riding Raptors are a common meme on internets these days. It started out as Jesus riding a raptor than became Jesus with a raptor head.

The internet is so bizarre.
Jservic2
Wardrobian

Postby cyranorox » June 30th, 2008, 1:12 am

Hideous! Jesus with 'bad hands'!!? jerking his steed's mouth open??

Young-earth, or, as I call it, flat-time, theory is always falling into these betisses, usually without a literal beast.

The Sinai Christ is one of the treasures of world art, imho, and a survivor of a time when art flourished, then was crushed by an incrudescence of iconoclasts. I live with a half-size reproduction, and i observe that the difference in the eyes faithfully represents an effect of light falling from above and a little before the bright side of the face; you can see such an effect of one darker eye in many formal photographs. Later art seems to have mentally edited out, and ceased to represent, this phenomenon.

The idea of two halves of personality is very 20th century, and probably a late addition to the body of interpretation.

I find it strikingly beautiful and subtle.
cyranorox
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » July 24th, 2008, 8:16 pm

I always thought Jesus was cool, but seeing Him on the back of the Raptor, I now know He was super cool! "Changing money in the temple, eh? We'll see about that!" (gore / rip / chew / swallow)

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

BS meter needle pinned

Postby larry gilman » September 28th, 2008, 1:28 pm

larry gilman
Wardrobian

Re: BS meter needle pinned

Postby john » September 28th, 2008, 2:48 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian