This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Pew survey on Religion in America

Postby rusmeister » June 25th, 2008, 2:37 am

The thing worth knowing now, though, is that ethnicity has become much less of a factor. All of the churches have become more American, despite their names, as the number of converts grows. I was chrismated in OCA, and my wife wanted a Russian-speaking church - we actually had trouble finding one, even though there were a number of OCA churches in the area. And that church read the Old Church Slavonic (the equivalent of Latin for the Russian churches) on a 60/40 basis - 40% of the service, including the readings, were done in English as well. Made the service a little longer, but half the parish was American, so they didn't have much choice, I guess.
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby sqrt[-1] » June 25th, 2008, 1:28 pm

sqrt[-1]
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » June 25th, 2008, 2:18 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy