This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

How should a Christian live?

Postby Ben2747 » August 29th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Ben2747
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 30th, 2008, 1:14 am

Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Ben2747 » August 30th, 2008, 2:31 am

Ben2747
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 30th, 2008, 9:47 am

I did understand quite clearly what the purpose of this thread was. As I already stated, it is about how a Christian and atheist would act when living together, and that was shown on a reality show from their point of view, which may or may not be generally accurate. I never said that I agreed with the perspective of the show because I had never seen it. Don't assume that I automatically agree with their point of view. Actually. I don't think much of most reality shows, and I seldom watch them. They seem rather silly to me and not like reality as they claim to be. If they want to make one about how a Christian and atheist living together, I guess that's up to them. I would just turn the TV set off it wasn't worth watching. Some TV is anti-Christian, but of course they have the right to broadcast it in the UK as we do in here in the U. S. I think it would be much worse to deny Christians the right to broadcast their own programs than to have a show with a point of view that is anti-Christian. It's their right to broadcast it. If you are offended by the show, watch an old Billy Graham Crusade instead. No one is forcing you to watch anything. If there is really something wrong with Christians and they point it out, take it with a grain of salt. As I previously pointed out, it may be the truth it if it is indeed a fault-- no matter who says it.

Larry W.
Last edited by Larry W. on August 30th, 2008, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby robsia » August 30th, 2008, 10:34 am

It's not about a Christian and an atheist living together.

It's about a group of non-Christians who have volunteered to live a Christian lifestyle for three weeks. The lady in the article and her family were only a part of the programme - there were lots of other people too. But at no point did the Christian mentors actually live with the people featured - they just came to their houses and "Christianised" the houses.

I must confess I forgot all about this after the first week so I don't know how it panned out.
robsia
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 30th, 2008, 11:13 am

I can see how a non-believer could be offended or at least irritated by someone trying to Christianize them, but in a democracy no one can really tell you what to do (at least legally) as far as religion is concerned. You can allow God to Christianize you, as C. S. Lewis did, but that's your choice or God's choosing you, depending on how you look at it. Some Christians come off as too aggressive at trying to convert people, and they seem like they are soliciting instead of inviting them into their faith. It's not a good thing even though the people may have good intentions.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby robsia » August 30th, 2008, 11:28 am

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 30th, 2008, 12:48 pm

No it isn't, and that's why people shouldn't get upset if there's an anti-Christian point of view expressed on a TV show. I'm a Christian, and it doesn't both bother me. I don't try to Christianize people, and they shouldn't be overly aggressive about persuading me to agree with their ideas.

I am curious, though. If you aren't a Christian, what interest do you have in coming to the forums on a C.S. Lewis website such as this one? Is it because you are curious about his Christian ideas or enjoy reading his books? I guess that most people are here at least because they have some interest in Lewis.

Larry W.
Last edited by Larry W. on August 30th, 2008, 12:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby john » August 30th, 2008, 2:20 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Ben2747 » August 30th, 2008, 4:28 pm

Ben2747
Wardrobian

Postby robsia » August 30th, 2008, 8:56 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

The Lewis take on this...

Postby Tumnus's Books » August 31st, 2008, 12:56 am

Tumnus's Books
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 31st, 2008, 2:11 am

I like that quote, and it has much to do with Christian behavior and lifestyle. As for reality shows, I don't think Lewis would have had a very high opinion of them. They didn't exist in his time, and there wasn't much else on television then, either. Are they really what life is about, or are the shows staged to make money?

Larry W.
Last edited by Larry W. on August 31st, 2008, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 31st, 2008, 2:25 am

Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Tumnus's Books » August 31st, 2008, 5:13 pm

"You are, in fact, Human?"
Tumnus's Books
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy