This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

if you had to be in another religion or denomination

Postby Lioba » August 19th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Periel Andae » August 19th, 2008, 10:02 pm

Periel Andae
Wardrobian

sorry

Postby Periel Andae » August 19th, 2008, 10:43 pm

Periel Andae
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » August 20th, 2008, 6:28 am

Periel Andae- you expressed just what I wanted to say! It is no contradiction to have a clear point of view as "I believe in Jesus" and the desire to really understand other positions. In a discussion you can share your thoughts and beliefes or you can make it a competition from the first moment.The latter easily ends in the illusion of a victory-I have won, my arguments are better, my beliefe is better. But truly nothing was won , only a chance was lost- the chance to really understand and often the " adversary" feels frustrated and less attracted by christianiy than before.
Why does this happen so often? One thing is, that in some christian groups there is a certain pressure on whitnessing, especially in youth-groups.
but not everybody is a good missionary for all kind of people or a good apologetic.
Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 20th, 2008, 11:51 am

Presbyterian, I think, would be my denomination, if I weren't Christian Reformed as I am now. In some ways the Reformed Church also attracts me because it is open minded while retaining the Calvinist perspective of Christianity.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Mornche Geddick » September 10th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Mornche Geddick
Wardrobian

Postby agingjb » September 10th, 2008, 4:03 pm

agingjb
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy