This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

He Wore What?!

Postby JRosemary » September 21st, 2008, 11:46 am

JRosemary
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » September 21st, 2008, 12:42 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby gameld » September 30th, 2008, 3:05 pm

gameld
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » October 1st, 2008, 6:30 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » October 1st, 2008, 7:26 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » October 1st, 2008, 8:46 pm

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » October 2nd, 2008, 2:17 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » October 2nd, 2008, 12:12 pm

Karen
Wardrobian

Postby gameld » October 2nd, 2008, 2:05 pm

on the giggling thing (since that's what most people caught) i never stated that it was right. i don't even think it is right. but often it is more of a giggle that says, "oh, poor guy, he didn't know." we feel bad for the person for looking so out of place, in a sense of awkward mercy/ compassion (for lack of a better word). it doesn't prevent anyone from talking to them. we have perfectly fine conversations with people of whatever dress (excepting naked and distractingly nearly naked).

i could do more to defend my iconoclasm, but i do think they are minor differences as long as they are recognized as the same thing as the meat-eating regulations between believers in corinth and rome. some are incapable of relating to God without certain things. i'll allow for that. there was once when a speaker came to my church and didn't end his talk with a prayer. i didn't quite know what to do with that. it's a very similar sort of issue. as long as the brotherhood of the saints is recognized holy spaces is not something to get worked up over (which i know can be my habit).
gameld
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » October 2nd, 2008, 4:52 pm

"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » October 3rd, 2008, 1:56 am

rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » October 3rd, 2008, 2:35 am

"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby girlfreddy » October 3rd, 2008, 2:49 am

How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rogers or Captain Kangaroo?
Philip Yancey

http://girlfreddy.wordpress.com/
girlfreddy
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » October 4th, 2008, 2:59 am

Just like wikipedia's reliability, especially regarding controversial subjects...

(Seriously, I reference wikipedia a lot, but I always consciously remind myself of its grand weakness.)
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy