This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Connecting women to easter

Postby Dan65802 » September 16th, 2008, 2:16 pm

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » September 16th, 2008, 5:06 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » September 16th, 2008, 6:19 pm

Okay, so (if I have this right), it's not that Mary's ascent to the throne as "Queen of Heaven" is more important than Christ's birth, but it is very, very important and her staying a virgin during her marriage was a prerequisite for attaining that role. I'm not trying to be sarcastic in any way. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » September 16th, 2008, 6:25 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » September 16th, 2008, 6:33 pm

Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » September 16th, 2008, 6:34 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » September 16th, 2008, 6:39 pm

Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » September 16th, 2008, 8:15 pm

This has been a fascinating discussion, but I can't help but feel we've hijacked this thread for a purpose far from it's intended use. Perhaps a separate thread on the nature and signficance of Mary would be more appropriate.

I know it was as much my fault as anyone else's, so that's why I feel like I ought to suggest this.
Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » September 17th, 2008, 1:19 am

rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » September 17th, 2008, 2:35 pm

Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » September 17th, 2008, 5:48 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Dan65802 » September 17th, 2008, 6:44 pm

Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » September 17th, 2008, 7:35 pm

rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » September 17th, 2008, 9:52 pm

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » September 18th, 2008, 3:34 am

rusmeister
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy