This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Brawling monks

Postby archenland_knight » November 11th, 2008, 4:20 pm

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby girlfreddy » November 11th, 2008, 5:03 pm

How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rogers or Captain Kangaroo?
Philip Yancey

http://girlfreddy.wordpress.com/
girlfreddy
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » November 11th, 2008, 10:54 pm

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby JRosemary » November 11th, 2008, 11:33 pm

JRosemary
Wardrobian

Postby hammurabi2000 » November 14th, 2008, 10:43 am

hammurabi2000
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 14th, 2008, 4:20 pm

Hello, back again after a long time and I still feel familiar!
JRosemary- I really enjoyed your "advises" and found them helpfull, for at the moment I feel very much like girlfreddy. The big churches lutheranas well as calvinist are very busy with a lot of things, but not much with the local church-members or the people of the city. The smaller groups- baptist and brethren in my city are very eager to give answers, but do not like questions, especially not from women and they suspect everyone who has interests or obligations outside the church as worldly and all pentecostal groups and all catholics and orthodox and so on are looked at as more or less heretic.
They can be very nice and loving as long as you follow strictly their line, but I just can not agree with that. So at the moment I really do not know where is my place.
Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby JRosemary » November 14th, 2008, 9:45 pm

JRosemary
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » November 15th, 2008, 2:19 am

My advice is to find the Church that Christ established, and the practical ways to do that are prayer and searching. My advice will differ from JRose's in that I hold that it IS important to find, not any church, or even a church you feel comfortable with, but the actual Church that Christ established - and it is very likely that some aspects of it will make you uncomfortable, at least at first.
Searching should involve, among other things, learning about the history of the Church, especially the first millenium. That, imo, narrows down the search to a great extent. It does NOT involve simply walking into the first church you see. But again, prayer is really important, too.
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 15th, 2008, 2:20 pm

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » November 18th, 2008, 9:34 am

archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 18th, 2008, 12:29 pm

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » November 21st, 2008, 1:06 am

archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 21st, 2008, 8:43 am

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby cyranorox » November 23rd, 2008, 6:27 am

AK - the OC claim is not merely priority and antiquity, but ontological status as the Body of Christ. That has not been alienated or destroyed by the behaviour of men; the errors in doctrine, that might move the Church out of the being of God, have been noted and rejected.

Now, there cannot be two Bodies of Christ; He is one. How, then, can you justify a separate organization, ie, the existance of Protestants at all? You cannot join by wishing, even wishing as a congregation. You cannot find the Blood of the Lamb in a text, even the Gospel. It has to be manifested and given in the Mystery.

You may revere it from a distance, indeed, as the believing Greeks did the Holy of Holies from an outer courtyard; but they would have been wrong and deluded to set up a pretended altar and claim they had their own Holy Place, even if they said they had admitted God into their hearts, accepted Him as their God, etc.
Apocatastasis Now!
cyranorox
Wardrobian

Postby girlfreddy » November 23rd, 2008, 6:31 pm

How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rogers or Captain Kangaroo?
Philip Yancey

http://girlfreddy.wordpress.com/
girlfreddy
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy