This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Christian Denominations: Catholic, Protestant, & Orthodo

Postby Lioba » November 23rd, 2008, 10:43 am

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 23rd, 2008, 10:47 am

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 23rd, 2008, 11:03 am

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 23rd, 2008, 2:17 pm

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » November 23rd, 2008, 4:27 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 23rd, 2008, 8:48 pm

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby mitchellmckain » November 23rd, 2008, 10:45 pm

mitchellmckain

Postby mitchellmckain » November 23rd, 2008, 10:49 pm

mitchellmckain

Postby rusmeister » November 24th, 2008, 5:04 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 24th, 2008, 10:13 am

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » November 24th, 2008, 10:15 am

Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Kolbitar » November 28th, 2008, 5:42 pm

The man who lives in contact with what he believes to be a living Church is a man always expecting to meet Plato and Shakespeare tomorrow at breakfast. He is always expecting to see some truth that he has never seen before. --Chesterton

Sober Inebriation: http://soberinebriationblog.blogspot.com/
Kolbitar
Wardrobian

Re: Christian Denominations: Catholic, Protestant, & Orthodo

Postby Lioba » December 1st, 2008, 2:29 pm

What I still do not know is if anyone here feels the same way as I about the saddening aspects of all the splitting in the church and wonders how Jesus might see this and how much it inflicts the life of the the whole christianity, the individual and the "World".
If so, the question arises, what can be done besides the interdenominational dialogue of the church officials.
Most of the time I get the impression that people are satisfied with rather poor arguments like:I am right and you are wrong.
The protestant side often says- the unity of the invisible body of Christ is sufficient, diversity in organizations is okay.
I say- the Spiritual Unity of the body of Christ above all diversity is a truth and a consolation, but still the splitting itself is a pity.
As for solutions, their is the protestant view-
let´s all go back to the wonderful, pure beginnings of the church, when it was the TRUE church.But besides the question if really everything was so wonderful, all living existences are bound to grow and develop- or die.They can keep childlike aspects- the joy of life, a vivid interest in things, but it is no good in staying childish- not to develop, not to gain wisdom, maturity, forms iof expression etc.
On the other hand, some catholics and orthodox think, all would be fine, if just the people would return to the old church.Thatt might be a good solution for several individuals, but if I look on the churches as whole communities
Ther answers of all sides sound like- o let´s simply "undo" what has happened.
I personally doubt that God has installed a reset- button for history.He has forgiveness, solutions and the chance for a new beginning, but wat was cannot be undone.
Iustitia est ad alterum.
Lioba
Wardrobian

Re: Christian Denominations: Catholic, Protestant, & Orthodo

Postby mitchellmckain » December 1st, 2008, 4:05 pm

....um....
Last edited by mitchellmckain on December 2nd, 2008, 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mitchellmckain

Talented fellows

Postby Stanley Anderson » December 1st, 2008, 9:29 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy