This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Catholic Annulments

Re: Catholic Annulments

Postby robsia » December 9th, 2008, 9:17 am

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby Ben2747 » December 9th, 2008, 3:31 pm

Ben2747
Wardrobian

Postby john » December 9th, 2008, 3:32 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Ben2747 » December 9th, 2008, 3:57 pm

Ben2747
Wardrobian

Postby john » December 9th, 2008, 4:14 pm

Ben, I thank you for your kind words, but am also saddened that you feel too constrained here. I may not understand why you feel you can't dig into certain Christian discussions and still maintain a level of respect and good will towards others you disagree with, but (of course) these forums cannot be everything to everybody.

An update to everybody regarding the annulment issue:

After much research, my girlfriend has concluded that she does not have to participate in the Catholic annulment proceeding if she wishes not to (as long as she does not contest the reasons her ex-husband gives or the decision of the church) and this will not affect the outcome in any way. Considering the invasive nature of the application (we read the 11 pages of questions) and subsequent interview -- especially considering she isn't a Catholic -- I think this is a wise choice. There were many issues during the marriage that led to the divorce, and as long as she isn't standing in the way of him remarrying (which she wouldn't and is happy for him), she wishes not to bring those issues up yet again (and who can blame her?).

Thank you all for your input, links, and opinions.

I am now locking this thread. If people would like to discuss the Catholic annulment from a more general standpoint, please feel free to start a new one.
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy