This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

To Change The Past

Re: To Change The Past

Postby Larry W. » December 22nd, 2008, 1:33 pm

I'm not sure if the past should always be changed. Looking at my own life, there are things that I did that now seem like poor judgment but I still learned much from. Perhaps a corrected life is better than one completely without errors. The experience of learning from doing something wrong and later being set right may be more valuable than leading a charmed life and never making any mistakes. This doesn't apply in all cases, but it may be often true.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby archenland_knight » December 22nd, 2008, 3:35 pm

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » December 22nd, 2008, 6:51 pm

It probably is more important to prevent mistakes and bad things happening to people in history than in our personal lives. I don't think it is so much one event that makes a person good or evil, e.g. Hitler being rejected from art school or a small event that would influence a person to do something good, leading to a conversion to Christianity. They are factors, but peoples' attitudes have more to do with changing history than events. It's the whole person or more often, the ideas of groups of people that have the real impact.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy