This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Nature of Morality

Re: The Nature of Morality

Postby postodave » January 17th, 2009, 3:27 pm

So I drew my sword and got ready
But the lamb ran away with the crown
postodave
Wardrobian

Postby Bluegoat » January 17th, 2009, 3:57 pm

Bluegoat

Postby postodave » January 17th, 2009, 5:05 pm

Hi bluegoat
It needs a separate thread and I'm being very bad by doing this when I should be concentrating on the assignment I have to get in on Tuesday. In the fathers the key text on this is in one of Basil's letters where he distinguishes between God's essence and his operations. He says we know God's operations but his essence remains hidden from us. I'll let you have the reference when I have a minute. it's a well known text because it plays a vital role in the theology of Gregory Palamas.
Clouser's shorter works can be found here: The essay that best explains Clouser's view is 'Is God Eternal'. The key section begins on page 8. I would love to discuss this with someone who has the philosophical background to check Clouser out but it will be a few days before I can respond.
That goes for you too Mitch - and as I said we are revisiting old ground. I would love you to spell out this idea of rules of construction a bit more but I won't have time to give you the attention you deserve.
postodave
Wardrobian

Postby Kolbitar » January 17th, 2009, 7:53 pm

The man who lives in contact with what he believes to be a living Church is a man always expecting to meet Plato and Shakespeare tomorrow at breakfast. He is always expecting to see some truth that he has never seen before. --Chesterton

Sober Inebriation: http://soberinebriationblog.blogspot.com/
Kolbitar
Wardrobian

Postby Kolbitar » January 17th, 2009, 8:00 pm

The man who lives in contact with what he believes to be a living Church is a man always expecting to meet Plato and Shakespeare tomorrow at breakfast. He is always expecting to see some truth that he has never seen before. --Chesterton

Sober Inebriation: http://soberinebriationblog.blogspot.com/
Kolbitar
Wardrobian

Postby mitchellmckain » January 18th, 2009, 1:31 am

mitchellmckain

Postby postodave » January 18th, 2009, 10:30 pm

postodave
Wardrobian