This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

God's attributes

Re: God's attributes

Postby postodave » January 25th, 2009, 5:54 pm

So I drew my sword and got ready
But the lamb ran away with the crown
postodave
Wardrobian

Postby mitchellmckain » January 26th, 2009, 5:18 am

mitchellmckain

Postby agingjb » January 26th, 2009, 10:09 am

With a word like "energy" (and "force", "power", "momentum", etc.) that has a precise meaning in physics, I suspect that we tend to reverse the direction of the metaphor if we use it in other domains. I feel we have derived these words from concepts in, at least, the subjective psychological domain, and applied them, rather usefully, to physics, but that we should be careful in deducing anything in the other direction.

Then again, it would not surprise me if in other, perhaps more subtle, domains there was a precision of effect analogous to our mathematical descriptions of physics, although perhaps inaccessible to us.

If something like CSL's eldilic domain exists, then I'd guess it has a structure that would, if we could comprehend it, present parallels of a sort (a transcendent sort), but that "energy" and the others would be imperfectly and misleadingly represented by our common usages.

Beyond that domain, I suspect that we can say little or nothing.
agingjb
Wardrobian

Postby Bluegoat » January 26th, 2009, 12:49 pm

Bluegoat

Postby Bluegoat » January 27th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Bluegoat

Postby mitchellmckain » January 28th, 2009, 6:45 pm

mitchellmckain

Postby postodave » January 28th, 2009, 10:26 pm

postodave
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 28th, 2009, 11:02 pm

I should probably stay out of this since I haven't followed this all the way through (and don't really have time to "catch up") and perhaps this has already been stated and debated earlier. But in response to talk about glorified bodies and such, we at least have to take into account the one "physical" example we have -- that of the resurrected Christ himself who seemed to go out of his way to verify to doubting Thomas the "real" nature of his body and to the others by eating "mundane" fish and such. And yet at the same time he could seemingly walk through walls, appear out of nowhere, and, oddly enough in light of the Thomas incident later, didn't want Mary Magdalene earlier on to "cling" to him, and also, numerous times he was not even recognized by his closest friends -- and isn't it interesting that even his wounds as shown to Thomas were not "healed up" as we think of healing, but were still there to be seen and felt, as though even those could be a glory of some kind in their very "open wounded-ness". This, at times oddly conflicting and seemingly chaotic, set of qualities, suggests both a "real" (at least in some way to our current understanding of real) solid body, as well as amplified or "meta-physical" or whatever aspects will be coordinated into those glorified bodies.

I like to think that it must be something akin to that illustration that -- hmmm...was it Corrie ten Boom? I'm not quite sure -- gave about the needlepoint tapestry that, from the back is unrecognizable and chaotic, but from the front is a clear picture. So those seemingly chaotic and conflicting aspects that we see in Christ's resurrected body may only be the result of the limitations of our fallen nature so that we can only see the "tangled up" side of the tapestry, but when we are able to get to "the other side", it will all fall together into an integrated and glorious wholeness, beautiful to behold.

--Stanley
…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby mitchellmckain » January 29th, 2009, 8:00 am

mitchellmckain

Postby postodave » January 29th, 2009, 10:14 pm

Last edited by postodave on January 30th, 2009, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
postodave
Wardrobian

Postby mitchellmckain » January 30th, 2009, 1:39 am

This is very confusing postodave! You address the post to me but none of the quotes are mine. I guess they are bluegoats?
mitchellmckain

Postby Bluegoat » January 30th, 2009, 1:48 am

Bluegoat

Postby Bluegoat » January 30th, 2009, 1:49 am

Bluegoat

Postby Bluegoat » January 30th, 2009, 2:01 am

Bluegoat

Postby mitchellmckain » January 30th, 2009, 6:36 am