This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Where will you spend eternity?

Re: Where will you spend eternity?

Postby wondawomen » July 3rd, 2009, 10:25 pm

For many years I studied different religions and worried over the different doctrines. I see the same angst in many posts. I remember my mom's concern over my quest. I don't regret the years of study that opened my eyes to a much larger God than many know. I found the writings of CS Lewis an anchor. Now I can worship in the church I grew up and find it absolutely facinating to hear how others worship God. I believe God knows our hearts no matter what the doctrine we have been raised in. This allows me to love and reach out to all. So behind my comfort is the years of questions and study. I wish this comfort to you all. Remember the more you learn the less you know. Enjoy your life as a gift from God, taste the ice cream, smell the grass. I ordered the works of George MacDonald to see why the fantasy stories facinated CS Lewis.
We love, because He first loved us.1John4:19 NASB
wondawomen
Wardrobian

Re: Where will you spend eternity?

Postby wondawomen » July 3rd, 2009, 11:17 pm

I was wondering if DWM has read , Surprised By Joy? CS Lewis seemed to be having the same difficulties with faith. You know making it harder than it is, etc. God is compelling you the same as he did CS Lewis. Read the last chapter in Surprised by Joy. The Divine is waiting for you.
We love, because He first loved us.1John4:19 NASB
wondawomen
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy