This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Perelandra Chap. 3

An archived study of the second book of Lewis' theological science fiction Space Trilogy.

Re: Allegory, what allegory?

Postby Ebbingkneeser » 23 Jan 2005, 13:24

Thanks K.
I'll continue to enjoy the story, but so far there seems to be enough foreshadowing in the book that it might be considered for insertion into the Old Testament. Could you imagine Genesis, Perelandra, Exodus...?

Eb
"Life is the increasingly rarefied experience of the beautiful."
Ebbingkneeser
Wardrobian

Perelandrian Genesis

Postby Kanakaberaka » 23 Jan 2005, 18:02

Ebbingkneeser wrote:... so far there seems to be enough foreshadowing in the book that it might be considered for insertion into the Old Testament. Could you imagine Genesis, Perelandra, Exodus...?

Eb

If you ask me Eb, "Perelandra" is more of a sequel to Genesis than a forshadowing. Or better yet an alternative to the Garden of Eden scenario, done in a reverent manner so as not to violate the rule not to add or remove any words from the Holy Scriptures. Hey, it's just speculative fiction, not revelation. That's what I like about it.
so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Perelandra