This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Perelandra Chap. 5 - pt. 2

An archived study of the second book of Lewis' theological science fiction Space Trilogy.

Perelandra Chap. 5 - pt. 2

Postby Kanakaberaka » November 20th, 2004, 6:48 am

The conversation between Ransom and the Green Lady continues...

The Green Lady tells Ransom about the younger, smaller planets which surprizes him since it is impossible to see out of the cloudy atmosphere of Perelandra into space. Ransom asks her how she knows of this. With a childlike smile she replies that Maleldil is telling her. Not simply told her in a past time. This seems to imply a continual contact or communion with God. It makes me wonder what the voice of Maleldil sounds like to her. It also reminds me of the experiences of insane Terrestrial people whe hear voices.
The Green Lady goes on to inform Ransom that since Maleldil visited our world, all sentient beings would be made in the human image. Ransom then asks her if she knows why Maleldil came to our world. She replies yes, but adds that it is not the reason we Thulcandrans are familiar with. She goes on to say that there is a reason she knows which we can not know and another reason which she can not know. It has me wondering what it is about the Incarnation of God that could be so differenent to people from differennt worlds. We regard the birth of Jesus as the begining of our salvation from sin. Since the Green Lady knows nothing of sin, that must be the reason she does not understand the meaning of The Word Incarnate to us. But what could the Incarnation mean to an unfallen race?
so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

Re: Perelandra Chap. 5 - pt. 2

Postby a_hnau » November 20th, 2004, 9:21 am

Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Return to Perelandra