This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Web resource for TMWWT

A study of a book by GK Chesterton.

Web resource for TMWWT

Postby Tuirgin » January 4th, 2006, 3:45 pm

To read only children's books, treasure / Only childish thoughts, throw / Grown-up things away / And rise from deep sorrows.
-- Osip Mandelshtam, 1908
Tuirgin
Wardrobian

re: Web resource for TMWWT

Postby Kanakaberaka » January 4th, 2006, 8:26 pm

Thanks for posting this info., Tuirgin. This is the website where I downloaded my copy of Thursday myself, as well as numerous other Chesterton stories.
so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

re: Web resource for TMWWT

Postby Gabriel Syme » January 10th, 2006, 6:59 pm

In our school, on a wall, there is a big writing, saying «I care». It is the untranslatable motto of the best among young Americans. It means: «I AM interested in it; it is dear to me». That's the exact opposite of the fascist motto, «I don't care». (Lorenzo Milani, priest. Lettera ai giudici; 1965)
Gabriel Syme
Wardrobian

Re: re: Web resource for TMWWT

Postby Tuirgin » January 10th, 2006, 7:14 pm

To read only children's books, treasure / Only childish thoughts, throw / Grown-up things away / And rise from deep sorrows.
Tuirgin
Wardrobian

Postby Gabriel Syme » January 10th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Last edited by Gabriel Syme on January 10th, 2006, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In our school, on a wall, there is a big writing, saying «I care». It is the untranslatable motto of the best among young Americans. It means: «I AM interested in it; it is dear to me». That's the exact opposite of the fascist motto, «I don't care». (Lorenzo Milani, priest. Lettera ai giudici; 1965)
Gabriel Syme
Wardrobian

Postby Tuirgin » January 10th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Ah, well certainly any way possible is better than no way at all!
Tuirgin
Wardrobian

Return to The Man Who Was Thursday