This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Chapter Nine

A study of a book by GK Chesterton.

Chapter Nine

Postby The Bigsleep J » May 12th, 2006, 7:35 am

Insert supposedly witty but random absurd comment here and add water
The Bigsleep J
Wardrobian

I wear my Suuun-glasses at night

Postby Kanakaberaka » May 18th, 2006, 5:02 am

I sympathysed with Syme about using the finger tapping code. After showing such enthusiasm to learn it in front of Prof. de Worms, they get some sleep. The next morning Syme thinks the professor has gone catatonic when he appers to ignore Syme. It takes a while before Syme realizes that de Worms is trying to communicate with him via the secret code. A true "Doh!" moment on the part of Syme. And I must admit not getting with the program myself even after being told exactly what to watch out for.

Dr. Bull's use of dark glasses to disguise his wholesome apperance reminded me of a 1980's pop song called "I wear my sunglasses at night". That was a fashion statement rather than a disguise. But it brings home the cliche' that the eyes are windows to the soul. We wonder what people are up to if we can not read their eyes. Many poker players on those TV tournaments wear dark glasses for just that reason. It helps them maintain their "poker face".
so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

re: Chapter Nine

Postby Sarah N. » May 21st, 2006, 10:58 pm

Live in the world as if only God and your soul were in it; then your heart will never be made captive by any earthly thing. ~ St. John of the Cross

Member of the 2456317 Club.
Sarah N.
Wardrobian

Return to The Man Who Was Thursday