This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Vote for your favorite LotR character

Plato to MacDonald to Chesterton, Tolkien and the Boys in the Pub.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

3%
3%
2%
2%
18%
5%
11%
3%
3%
6%
8%
13%
No votes
No votes
5%
2%
5%
6%
5%
No votes

Total votes : 62

re: Vote for your favorite character

Postby Sarah N. » January 11th, 2006, 4:08 am

I voted for Eowyn (purely out of habit I think.) but upon further consideration, I think I would choose Faramir. If Luthien was an option I would definitely pick her, though.
Live in the world as if only God and your soul were in it; then your heart will never be made captive by any earthly thing. ~ St. John of the Cross

Member of the 2456317 Club.
Sarah N.
Wardrobian

Postby russcannon » January 11th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Regards,
Russ

Plausible as these explanations may sound, they ignore economics, among other things.--Thomas Sowell
russcannon
Wardrobian

Postby *~Diamond in the Rough~* » January 12th, 2006, 10:51 pm

Today I went to IKEA and hid in the wardrobes, and every time someone opened the doors I welcomed them to Narnia!!
*~Diamond in the Rough~*
Wardrobian

Location: The corner of 'No and where' (WA) The REAL Washington

Re: re: Vote for your favorite character

Postby russcannon » January 13th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Regards,
Russ

Plausible as these explanations may sound, they ignore economics, among other things.--Thomas Sowell
russcannon
Wardrobian

Postby russcannon » January 13th, 2006, 12:24 pm

Regards,
Russ

russcannon
Wardrobian

Postby russcannon » January 13th, 2006, 12:26 pm

Regards,
Russ

russcannon
Wardrobian

Postby Gabriel Syme » January 13th, 2006, 1:29 pm

In our school, on a wall, there is a big writing, saying «I care». It is the untranslatable motto of the best among young Americans. It means: «I AM interested in it; it is dear to me». That's the exact opposite of the fascist motto, «I don't care». (Lorenzo Milani, priest. Lettera ai giudici; 1965)
Gabriel Syme
Wardrobian

Postby russcannon » January 13th, 2006, 2:15 pm

Regards,
Russ

russcannon
Wardrobian

Postby Rho » January 16th, 2006, 12:25 pm

When a linear superposition of several stationary states of a harmonic oscillator correspond with a sinusoidal oscillation, it creates a harmonic potential. By changing the average energy, you are creating a quasi-classical state that exhibits the a|a >=a > a >, ^p ^x = hbar/2 properties. Now, if we added a 10E-12 W/m² sound intensity but give it a value of 80 dB, would we be able to hear it?
Rho
Wardrobian

Postby Mornamoice » January 16th, 2006, 5:26 pm

I answered Sam. He has been my favourite character from the time I first read the books, and he was also my favourite in the movies. Sam is so much more than he seems at first glance. I love that he is an utterly faithful friend and that he consistently does what he needs to do despite the risk to himself. OK, there are a lot of characters who do this, but for some reason Sam seems to me the best of them all.

I like Pippin and Merry in the books, but I don't like how they are made into something of buffoons in the movies. I really disliked the treatment Faramir got in the movies... PJ tarnished his reputation terribly.
Thank you for the pix, A# Minor!
Mornamoice
Wardrobian

Postby Adam Linton » January 16th, 2006, 7:43 pm

we have not loosely through silence permitted things to pass away as in a dream
Adam Linton
Wardrobian

Postby jo » January 23rd, 2006, 4:56 pm

Aragorn and Legolas, though NOT because they're good looking (although they are :)).
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby Tsuriel » July 8th, 2007, 5:31 am

I am also unhappy with the rougher movie version of Faramir. That he didn't even wan to know what "Isildur's Bane" WAS spoke very highly of his character. Why did PJ change that? Dunno.

It's no worse than the re-invention of Aragorn. This reluctant -almost fearful- son of prophecy is NOT the King who returned in the book!

However, I have voted, as always, for the truest hero of the book: Sam Gamgee. With no glimmer of reward or fame before him but a very good chance of death, he remained loyal, steadfast.
Tsuriel
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » July 8th, 2007, 8:48 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby contra mundum » July 12th, 2007, 7:16 pm

“Doubt no longer, then, when you see death mocked and scorned by those who believe in Christ, that by Christ death was destroyed . . .”

Athanasius
contra mundum
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Inklings & Influences