This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

first and most recent J.R.R.T. encounter

Plato to MacDonald to Chesterton, Tolkien and the Boys in the Pub.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

re: first and most recent J.R.R.T. encounter

Postby Lirenel » September 25th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Hmm, let's see. My dad gave me a bunch of his books when I was little and they including the Hobbit and tLotR trilogy. I think I tried to read the Hobbit when i was little, but never got passed the first chapters with the dwarves as they annoyed me and were a little boring.

Later I heard that they were coming out with the LOTR movies. Having heard that these were the fantasy books, I decided to read them before the movies came out. I read the entire trilogy (minus the Old Forest/Tom Bombadil scenes which bored me) and anxiously awaited the movies. After FOTR came out I was definately hooked and prceeded to read the Silmarillion and the Unflinished Tales, as well as learn to write Tengwar and know random LOTR facts. Eventually I read and loved the Hobbit, and read most of the History of Middle Earth.

My most recent encounter? Hearing that Peter Jackson wants to make the Hobbit into two movies.
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Inklings & Influences