This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Icons from LOTR

Plato to MacDonald to Chesterton, Tolkien and the Boys in the Pub.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

Icons from LOTR

Postby A#minor » July 6th, 2006, 11:07 pm

Let's see if this works.... :think:

Here's a bunch of icons that I made up on my Paint program (b/c I have nothing better to do with my free time.) You guys can save them and use them if you like. Enjoy!

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

re: Icons from LOTR

Postby Sarah N. » July 7th, 2006, 11:32 pm

Live in the world as if only God and your soul were in it; then your heart will never be made captive by any earthly thing. ~ St. John of the Cross

Member of the 2456317 Club.
Sarah N.
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » July 8th, 2006, 3:45 am

It's Sam's line from the book, "I'll carry Mr. Frodo up myself, if it breaks my back and heart."
And the font.... ummmm..... I think it's Beachman Script or it might be called Duke. Either way, I got it

I'm glad that you like them. I have some larger ones too that are good for backgrounds. Wasn't sure if they'd be too big to post though.
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Sarah N. » July 8th, 2006, 3:57 am

Wow, that font site is something. I can see why calligraphy is becoming a lost art, why bother when you can get something from the computer that looks like that? I still love it though, and there is something about getting ink on ones hands that has such a wholesome feel. Odd that I try to learn new calligraphy styles from computer fonts- one imagines it the other way around. :smile:
Live in the world as if only God and your soul were in it; then your heart will never be made captive by any earthly thing. ~ St. John of the Cross

Member of the 2456317 Club.
Sarah N.
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » July 8th, 2006, 4:19 am

I took calligraphy in junior high and I loved it. You know, penmanship really is a lost art. In Jane Austen's day they used to pass around and read letters from each other and critique both the penmanship and the content.
Nowadays, I can't read most people's chicken-scratch, much less my own. hee. hee. Image
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby *~Diamond in the Rough~* » July 8th, 2006, 6:05 pm

Those are beautifully done! Now...when will you have time do to some from Narnia? :grin:
Today I went to IKEA and hid in the wardrobes, and every time someone opened the doors I welcomed them to Narnia!!
*~Diamond in the Rough~*
Wardrobian

Location: The corner of 'No and where' (WA) The REAL Washington

Postby A#minor » July 9th, 2006, 12:08 am

Oh, I've done a few Narnian ones, but haven't been able to find enough images that are really good to work with. That was going to be my project for this weekend. We'll see...
Here's one I've done already. Not very good perhaps...
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby *~Diamond in the Rough~* » July 9th, 2006, 12:24 am

Very nice :grin: I hope there will be more...what program are you using to create them?
Today I went to IKEA and hid in the wardrobes, and every time someone opened the doors I welcomed them to Narnia!!
*~Diamond in the Rough~*
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » July 9th, 2006, 2:13 am

A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » July 9th, 2006, 4:15 am

More...

A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby cheeky reep » July 9th, 2006, 4:18 am

niiiiiiiiiiice, a# minor! i couldn't think of a better way for you to use your time. :wink:
Do you mean to say that you three come from a round world (round like a ball) and you've never told me!
cheeky reep
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » July 9th, 2006, 4:38 am

Thanks, cheekyreep! I'm glad that you like them. Here's another one that I just finished. I generally make a larger image and then re-do it as an icon. So they sort of come in pairs really, but I just haven't been posting the larger images. If you want the larger image for any icon, you can ask and I will post it.

A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby *~Diamond in the Rough~* » July 9th, 2006, 7:34 am

I like that one!!!! :grin: Can you make it smaller to use in a profile? :clap:
*~Diamond in the Rough~*
Wardrobian

Re: re: Icons from LOTR

Postby A#minor » July 9th, 2006, 8:44 pm

A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby *~Diamond in the Rough~* » July 9th, 2006, 9:08 pm

*~Diamond in the Rough~*
Wardrobian

Next

Return to Inklings & Influences