This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

For a friend

Plato to MacDonald to Chesterton, Tolkien and the Boys in the Pub.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

For a friend

Postby jo » July 31st, 2006, 7:59 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

re: For a friend

Postby A#minor » July 31st, 2006, 8:43 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » July 31st, 2006, 9:28 pm

A#minor, a really good LOTR/Tolkien forum is the Council of Elrond.

Of course, you should join Jo's friend's forum as well!
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » July 31st, 2006, 11:06 pm

Yes, I have Council of Elrond bookmarked, and I glance in every once in awhile. Good site over there. I haven't actually joined though. Just lurking about...Image
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby jo » August 1st, 2006, 3:50 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » August 1st, 2006, 7:20 pm

I used to post at theonering.net but then they kicked me out because I witnessed to someone. That's why I'm so glad to have found the Wardrobe where we can talk about Christian stuff. :pleased:
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby jo » August 1st, 2006, 8:11 pm

Seriously they kicked you out for witnessing?! What did you post as? I have seen people witnessing on there - there are quite a few Christians - and never seen anyone banned..

jo
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » August 1st, 2006, 10:16 pm

it was about 6 years back, and some girl was saying that she wished there was still a good side to the world like there is in middle-earth. so I wrote back and said, 'there is a good side, God's side.' And we got into rather a deep, off-topic conversation about Christ. Then some Catholic guy got offended b/c I said that I hope Tolkien was saved, and it turns out he's the moderator's best friend or something... Before I know it they've deleted all my posts in that thread, and I can't log in. :lipssealed:

Wandering and alone, I stumbled upon the Wardrobe. And the rest is history.
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Theo » August 2nd, 2006, 9:28 am

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby jo » August 2nd, 2006, 12:12 pm

jo
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » August 2nd, 2006, 5:41 pm

I don't really remember what it was specifically that they were mad about. After all, it was 6 years ago, and I don't really keep records that far back. :wink:
A#minor
Wardrobian

Re: re: For a friend

Postby Theo » August 3rd, 2006, 12:08 pm

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
Theo
Wardrobian

Postby jo » August 14th, 2006, 10:24 am

jo
Wardrobian

Return to Inklings & Influences