This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Children of Hurin Reading Group

Plato to MacDonald to Chesterton, Tolkien and the Boys in the Pub.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

Postby nomad » July 28th, 2007, 8:00 am

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » July 28th, 2007, 1:48 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » July 29th, 2007, 1:00 pm

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby contra mundum » July 30th, 2007, 12:39 pm

“Doubt no longer, then, when you see death mocked and scorned by those who believe in Christ, that by Christ death was destroyed . . .”

Athanasius
contra mundum
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » July 30th, 2007, 6:27 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby contra mundum » July 30th, 2007, 8:40 pm

“Doubt no longer, then, when you see death mocked and scorned by those who believe in Christ, that by Christ death was destroyed . . .”

Athanasius
contra mundum
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » August 6th, 2007, 8:23 pm

nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » April 16th, 2008, 2:23 pm

:??: Why did the readinggroup stop here? I just reread the story-got it in german last year and I´m again fascinated how carefully Tolkien worked on this character. Is their accidently someone,who is still interested in the stuff?
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » April 18th, 2008, 3:32 am

Hmmmmm..... we seem to have lost interest, or run out of things to say, or something. :thinking: I can't even remember if I finished the book or not. I mean, of course, I've read the whole thing before, but I was re-reading it for this group, I think.
()
Shall we start it up again?
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » April 18th, 2008, 7:47 am

:smile: That woul be nice- but I must confess, that I me times of working are a bit difficult (working late/early and on weekends, so I sometimes can not reply immediatly)
Lioba
Wardrobian

Postby Lioba » April 19th, 2008, 7:43 am

Lioba
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Inklings & Influences