This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Hobbit film news

Plato to MacDonald to Chesterton, Tolkien and the Boys in the Pub.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

Hobbit film news

Postby Esther » February 4th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Just came across . I'm sure Del Toro would be a great dirrector for the film, but I see no reason why it should be two films. I'm afraid that decision was made by some New Line producer with dollar signs in his eyes.
Member of the 2456317 club
Esther
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » February 5th, 2008, 2:01 am

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Re: Hobbit film news

Postby contra mundum » February 7th, 2008, 4:45 pm

“Doubt no longer, then, when you see death mocked and scorned by those who believe in Christ, that by Christ death was destroyed . . .”

Athanasius
contra mundum
Wardrobian

Postby john » February 7th, 2008, 4:49 pm

I had read that The Hobbit itself would be one movie, and a second movie would be about the 60 years between The Hobbit and FOTR (where they'd get the material for that, however, I don't really know).
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby The Pfifltrigg » February 7th, 2008, 9:15 pm

One movie should be The Hobbit, and the other, .
False ideas may be refuted indeed by argument, but by true ideas alone are they expelled. — Apologia Pro Vita Sua: Cardinal Newman
Freedom lost and then regained bites with deeper fangs than freedom never in danger. — Cicero
You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them. — Ray Bradbury
The Pfifltrigg
Wardrobian

Return to Inklings & Influences