This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

My Visit to Oxford!

Plato to MacDonald to Chesterton, Tolkien and the Boys in the Pub.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

My Visit to Oxford!

Postby Tumnus's Books » August 30th, 2009, 1:13 am

Well, hello again all. It's been quite a while since Tumnus's Books has tumbled through the forums. Good to be back and hope all is well! During my summer vacation, my wife and I traveled to England. A much anticipated stop was Oxford, where I sipped a couple pints at the Eagle and Child, and strolled down Addison's Walk- a truly wonderful experience! Slightly a bit lazy on posting pics here, so if you'd like to see some, click on over to . Hope you enjoy! Would love to hear of other experiences you've had visiting Oxford. Drop me a line! :smile:
"You are, in fact, Human?"
Tumnus's Books
Wardrobian

Re: My Visit to Oxford!

Postby archenland_knight » August 30th, 2009, 6:40 am

Wow! I especially liked the picture of Magdalen College. Thanks for posting them.
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby Michael » August 31st, 2009, 10:29 pm

Great pics! Thanks for posting.
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
Michael
Wardrobian

Postby ainulindale » August 31st, 2009, 11:31 pm

Thanks for the great photos! Also amazing to read about that one-man LoTR -- wow!
ainulindale

Location: 7 time zones west and 7 degrees south of mount athos

Postby Tumnus's Books » September 2nd, 2009, 1:04 am

The One Man Lord of the Rings was amazing. My wife and I have an opportunity to see Fellowship of the Ring shown with a live orchestra and chorale at Radio City Music Hall in mid-October. Definitely looking forward to that!

Good to see some familiar names on the posts once again!
"You are, in fact, Human?"
Tumnus's Books
Wardrobian

Postby meu » September 2nd, 2009, 3:49 pm

LOTR live on an open-air mammoth-size screen + live symphony orchestra and choir is a mind-blowing experience. For two years now there has been a Film Music Festival here in Poland, in the city of Cracow, with various films soundtracked with live music. The grand finale each year was one instalment of The Lord of the Rings - Fellowship last year, Towers this year,guess what's coming up... :grin: Apart from the Trilogy there were other films played, of which I remember the 3rd Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It would be great to see The Empire Strikes Back this way, although it sadly lacks the greatest piece of Star Wars music, The Throne Room fanfare from A New Hope...
meu

Return to Inklings & Influences