This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

C. S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud

The man. The myth.

C. S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud

Postby Larry W. » August 6th, 2010, 11:30 pm

I thought this video that I found today was interesting. I'm not sure if anyone here has seen this before.

This interview is from Charlie Rose on PBS and aired back in 2003. Charlie Rose discusses Lewis' and Freud's worldviews with Armand Nicholi--including Nicholi's book The Question of God. It's very thoughtful. :smile:

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Re: C. S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud

Postby Mr Hooper » August 10th, 2010, 6:48 pm

Thanks for posting the link. I haven't seen this interview before but I do have both the book and the PBS documentary on The Question of God. The latter functions as a dual biography and also includes a discussion between a panel of "thoughtful men and women" on the two opposing worldviews. The disappointing thing about the documentary, in my opinion, is just this - that it does not feature experts, whether theologians, psychologists or philosophers, (Nikolai excepted) in the discussion section and would be better off doing so. The documentary sections, though, are good. The book I do heartily recommend. It's an excellent read and a very good introduction to both CSL and SF.
Mr Hooper
Wardrobian

Re: C. S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud

Postby Larry W. » August 10th, 2010, 7:27 pm

You're very welcome.

This afternoon I was listening to these podcasts on this website:

They are reviews of Lewis' books such as Mere Christianity and all seven of the Narnia stories. Each podcast is about 30 to 45 minutes in length. I think Armand Nicholi is in the one on Mere Christianity. You just type in the book's title in the search and it brings up the recording. It's well worth a listen. :smile:

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis