This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Small world...

The man. The myth.

Small world...

Postby a_hnau » November 14th, 2004, 6:07 pm

Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Re: Small world...

Postby Guest » November 15th, 2004, 9:50 pm

Postby a_hnau » November 15th, 2004, 10:07 pm

Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Postby a_hnau » November 15th, 2004, 10:13 pm

Here's another one :) - there are index records for the First World War service records of both Lewis and Tolkien on the UK National Archives site, I've sent in requests to get the actual documents scanned. I'm sure other researchers e.g. Lewis's biographers will have seen these either by travelling in person to Kew, or by corresponding directly with the War Office, so most unlikely to contain anything of significance not already published, but you can now get this kind of original source material from the comfort of your own armchair if you are willing to invest a few pounds.
Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » November 16th, 2004, 7:11 am

Suggested Wardrobe collaboration

Postby a_hnau » November 16th, 2004, 6:21 pm

Here's an idea. Let's all trawl the Net in our own peculiar ways for genuine 'primary source' material on Lewis, Inklings and so on. By primary source I mean actual original documents (digitally scanned, obviously, or keyboarded if done directly from an available original) pertaining directly to these individuals, or the document holder's own catalogue entry for such items (like the National Archive), whether or not these documents can be viewed/requested directly from the Web. General secondary material, collated bibliographies and the like, don't count. This should be specific enough to cut the volume way down. I'm thinking of sites like the National Archive, or ancestry.com; obviously I'm hoping we'll turn up others. If this turns out to be a useful exercise, we can ask the uber-Moose to pin the topic or otherwise keep hold of the information so it can be a resource for Wardrobians to use and add to.

Anyone take up the challenge?
Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis