This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

POLL-If Lewis was alive today, to which would he belong?

The man. The myth.

Poll ended at March 23rd, 2005, 3:11 pm

63%
No votes
19%
No votes
6%
6%
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: Jack & Vatican II

Postby Paul_Burgin » June 24th, 2005, 8:41 am

I have heard a number of people say just that. Yet I wonder what C.S. Lewis would have thought of the reforms of Vatican II and it's refocusing carried on by John-Paul II? Lewis passed away before the reforms of Vatican II were implemented. [/quote]

But he did live to see the start of the council and had a high opinion of Pope John XXIII.
The ultimate answer is we don't know but, speaking as a Methodist, I think he would have remained in the Anglican community. After all, so have people like John Stott!

Regards

Paul
Paul_Burgin
Wardrobian

From out of the blue

Postby Kanakaberaka » June 24th, 2005, 1:30 pm

It's nice to hear from the creator of Mars Hill again, Paul. Don't be a stranger. If you have the time you might want to check out my Perelandra study.
so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

Re: Jack & Vatican II

Postby Stylteralmaldo » June 24th, 2005, 3:59 pm

...[God] uses material things like bread and wine to put new life into us. We may think that rather crude and unspiritual. God does not: He invented eating. He likes matter. He invented it. - CS Lewis...Mere Christianity
Stylteralmaldo
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to C. S. Lewis