This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

C.S. Lewis Posters or Photos

The man. The myth.

C.S. Lewis Posters or Photos

Postby Zan » September 21st, 2005, 1:23 am

Hey all,

I'm not expecting many responses, but lets hope I am surprised. I am looking for a particular poster or photo of C.S. Lewis. I recall seeing it on a book written about him, though I couldn't tell you the name. The picture is of Lewis standing, rather awkwardly, his jacket on, in the middle of a room just staring at the camera.

Anyways, if anyone has any ideas as to (1) the name of the book, (2) where I can find the photo, or (3) any sites that sell C.S. Lewis related posters, that would be great!

Thanks!
Zan

"I believe in God like I believe in the sun, not because I can see it, but because of it all things are seen." -- C.S. Lewis

"... the more doors you go out of, the farther you get in!" -- George MacDonald, Lilith
Zan
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » September 21st, 2005, 2:13 am

Did you look in the multimedia files on this website?

As for posters, you could look for it in
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » September 21st, 2005, 7:57 pm

Possibly this book

or this one (same book, different edition)

C. S. Lewis: A Biography by A. N. Wilson
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Zan » September 21st, 2005, 9:13 pm

Ah ha! So its the different edition. Thats the one Sven, the second picture posted. Thanks a bunch!
Zan

"I believe in God like I believe in the sun, not because I can see it, but because of it all things are seen." -- C.S. Lewis

"... the more doors you go out of, the farther you get in!" -- George MacDonald, Lilith
Zan
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis