This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

What Vox Day has to say

The man. The myth.

What Vox Day has to say

Postby Kanakaberaka » November 28th, 2005, 1:59 pm

I just came across this article by Vox Day on World Net Daily. He makes some interesting points about today's Sci-Fic writer's inability to create convincing religious characters.

so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

re: What Vox Day has to say

Postby The Bigsleep J » November 28th, 2005, 6:06 pm

Hmmm. Thanks for the interesting article, Jim. I certainly liked it. Sci-fi authors have been rather one-sided with their views on religion, especially Christianity.

Actually there are some non-Christians who are warming to the idea of God in their sci-fi rather than just dismissing it completely although their views 'organized religion' (that old war-horse of loaded phrases) are still cynical at best. Sci-fi author Greg Bear apparently starts speculating on God in his book Darwin's Children and apparently doesn't discount the existance of God or the possibility, also apparently echoes a dislike for fundemental Christians (I still have to read it - its on my list, but its a sequel to another book and I still have to read that one as well).

And now a short digression - Vox Day? What an odd name.
Insert supposedly witty but random absurd comment here and add water
The Bigsleep J
Wardrobian

Postby Marcus_P_Hagen » January 10th, 2006, 3:31 am

Marcus_P_Hagen
Wardrobian

Postby Benj » January 13th, 2006, 4:36 am

Canticle for Liebowitz was a book I rather liked. Someone mentioned it on this board and I picked it up sometime thereafter. A bit bizarre, esp. at the end, but it had great texture and style. Glad to see it mentioned again.
Benj
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » January 14th, 2006, 2:49 am

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Re: re: What Vox Day has to say

Postby Marcus_P_Hagen » January 14th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Marcus_P_Hagen
Wardrobian

Re: re: What Vox Day has to say

Postby The Bigsleep J » January 14th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Insert supposedly witty but random absurd comment here and add water
The Bigsleep J
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis